Friday, April 22, 2016

Flashback Friday - Nightwish 2016

I remember it very well (lol) it was boxing day 2015 and I was sitting here doing my usual we browsing/facebook/you tube watching type activities when I came across the tour poster that Nightwish had uploaded to their Facebook page. You should have heard the yell of excitement in here when I realised that there was a Perth concert!

Nightwish.com


omg!omg!omg!omg!  <-- Yes, just like that!

Of course, being one of my favourite bands, I went straight to the ticketing website and got myself a ticket! No, I wasn't paying attention and almost missed it. No, I had nothing on that day anyway. No, I cant afford the ticket. Yes, I went anyway!

Nightwish dont come to Perth all that often.... it is a long way from Finland ... so I have to take advantage of it when they do.

Skip forward a couple of weeks and the day has arrived! The concert was on a Friday night so I left work early to get home, shower, change, eat and get back on the train.

Of course, I got there stupidly early and had to stand in line forever but looking at how long the line ended up being, I am so glad that I got there when I did.



Our beloved local band Voyager were on first and damn they were good! They played for about an hour and it just proved to me that I don't get to see them play anywhere near often enough. I would love to have asked the drummer how he can see anything under all that hair? How does he not get his drumsticks all tangled up in it??



There was a bit of a wait for Nightwish to come on but it was fun watching the guys set it all up. There were so many people in Metro's that you were afraid to move in case you lost your spot.... and I had a great spot!

I couldn't possibly tell you which songs they played or how many. They played for almost two hours, thats as close as I can get :) The sound system was crap, but the band are always awesome! This is the first time I've seen Floor Jansen live and I have to say, I think she's the best singer they've had yet! Emppu was doing his usual thing, flicking his guitar picks into the crowd. I copped one to the forehead but wasn't fast enough to catch it unfortunately.
Tuomas

Floor

Emppu

Tuomas, Marco and Floor

 Even though I will go see them every time they come to my city, next time the come to Australia I am very tempted to fly to Melbourne or something and see them play there as well! Just once I would like to see them play live outside Australia. They're not allowed to use their pyro in this country and I would love to see the whole show!

No comments:

Post a Comment